
Today is my last full day of interning in the Weather Center of ABC6. I am working with Steve Cascione and the focus of today is mainly on making sure that my final DVD broadcasting the weather comes out the way I want it to. As of right now the forecast is looking very nice so it should make for good conversation in terms of what I will be saying on camera.
I have learned a lot about how to present yourself on camera over the past month or so working with the chroma-key. Today will be my 4th and final DVD and after reviewing the past 3 DVD's I really have been able to critique myself and learn about what works and doesn't work when forecasting for the general public. This has certainly been a very exciting process and I really appreciate all of the help I have received from the ABC6 team especially Fred Campagna and Steve Cascione.
-------------------------------------------------------
Well, seeing as how this is my last official day in the ABC6 Weather Center, it would only be fair if I gave you all a final ABC6 Forecast.
For tonight, temperatures expected to dip into the low 70's which is still fairly warm for the evening hours. So expect a warm night tonight. Winds will be very light and variable.
Tomorrow will turn out to be a very nice day. Mostly sunny with a high of about 80°. The winds will start off light and increase as the day moves on coming from a Southerly direction.
Overnight, some increasing clouds with a possible pop up shower to start off the morning of Friday. However, the showers will not linger on Friday. The rest of the day the sun will manage to break through, giving us a mainly nice day. High temperature will be 83°. There will be a Northwest wind of about 5-8mph.
The rest of the weekend will be very nice as well. Dry conditions are certainly in the cards for us with temperatures in the upper 70's. But to start off the week on Monday though, there will be some showers and possible thunderstorms throughout the day. But do not worry this system will be very short lived and should clear out completely, making Tuesday a drier day.
That's what you're in for over the next couple of days... Now for the Tropics!
-----------------------------------------------
Nothing too active going on in the Tropics right now. There is a wave in the Caribbean however, that the National Hurricane Center is calling for about a 10% chance of tropical cyclonic formation. But by the looks of things, the conditions are not very favorable.
Although things have been nothing more than average in the tropics this Hurricane season, do not forget that 80% of named storms during the Hurricane season occur between August-October. So the National Hurricane Center is certainly getting ready for the more active part of the season to come. And as always tune into ABC6Hurricane.com for the latest on Tropical Weather!
It's been great working in the ABC6 Weather Center and I hope you all have enjoyed my forecasts!
No comments:
Post a Comment