
The day the Bruins won the Stanley Cup was a very exciting night for me I must say! However, I was a little distracted before and during the game due to the thunderstorms that the Tampa Bay and Polk County area's were experiencing.
I went outside to go for a run before the hockey game when I noticed a very dark cloud with an interesting shape. I also saw some of the cumulus clouds building and could tell right away that the evening would bring about some active weather for sure. It was very interesting to just stand outside and watch the thunderstorms building right over my house (I obviously didn't end up going on my run). In fact, watching the developing storm was so interesting to me that I ended up standing outside for longer than I should have been. A huge lightning bolt appeared over my head with a loud crack immediately after and I knew it was time to head inside.
Once inside, my droid starting going off every half an hour letting me know that the severe thunderstorm warnings were being extended longer and longer into the nighttime. By the time the Bruins had won the Stanley Cup the thunder and lightning was continuing to affect the Polk County area. The next day reported thousands of lightning strikes from these storms. A very electric night indeed! Hope you enjoy the pictures that I took before it became too unsafe to be outside!


No comments:
Post a Comment